Christmas Tree Top Tips
Top Christmas Tree Tips from Doddington
- Remember – trees have a habit of looking bigger when they get home – measure your ceiling height before you set off!
- Make sure the needles are shiny & not falling off; the branches should be supple and the tree should smell nice and fresh.
- When you get home, keep the tree outside in a cool & shaded area until you are ready to erect it.
- When you are ready to bring the tree indoors, cut about 1/2” from the bottom of the trunk.
- Stand your tree in a water-holding stand or in a bucket of pebbles or small stones.
- Keep it away from direct heat such as radiators etc.
- Keep your tree topped up with water every day – you will be amazed at how much it may need!
Norway Spruce – The traditional tree with a wonderful scent. All our Norways are grown in a natural woodland setting here at Doddington without the use of chemicals or pesticides. They are freshly cut each day – you will not find a fresher tree, and as long as you give it plenty of water, it will last you right through the festive season.
Nordman – Nordman trees are a newer variety and have better needle holding qualities than Spruce, even when they aren’t watered. We grow some ourselves and buy others in from a grower in Yorkshire where they are all freshly-cut for us.