12/09/2020 - 25/09/2020 |
Admire a beautiful display of over 1,000 iron dragonflies under the gaze of the Elizabethan Hall. Each dragonfly has been dedicated by a St Barnabas supporter in memory of a loved one.
*Only assistance dogs are able to enter the Gardens and Display*
We feel really honoured to host the St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice dragonfly appeal this year, providing a beautiful and serene setting for this wonderful display and worthy cause. Situated in our gardens, supporters and visitors can remember loved ones peacefully.
The dragonfly campaign is inspired by a beautiful story written by Doris Stickney, designed to help prompt conversations about death with children. A dragonfly can be dedicated to anyone, regardless of whether they accessed hospice care or not.
“If I were to dedicate a dragonfly to somebody it would be for my Mother. I know the Hospice was very helpful when she was dying back in 2006 and she fought and worked incredibly hard for Doddington all her adult life. It would be very apt for me to be remembering her here. She left the place in an amazing state for us and her legacy was extraordinary.” ~ Claire Birch, owner of Doddington Hall.
To dedicate a dragonfly please go to www.stbarnabashospice.co.uk/dragonfly
Gardens open daily 12-25 September, 10am-4pm
PRE-BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. To visit the Gardens and see the dragonfly display please pre-book online.
Garden admission: Adult £7.50, Child £3.50, Family £19
(Free access for St Barnabas vouchers, Doddington season ticket holders, Historic Houses & RHS members – please book online and select the relevant ticket type)
ACCESS FOR ST BARNABAS DRAGONFLY SUPPORTERS
If you have dedicated a dragonfly prior to the display, St Barnabas will have issued a free ticket for yourself and a guest to visit the gardens for this purpose. This is for admission to the gardens only, and not to the Hall. Please note, if you have purchased a dragonfly to receive in November and you wish to visit the display then you will need to purchase tickets.
Due to COVID-19 safety requirements, you must make a booking for the day of your visit online. Please select the ‘ST BARNABAS VOUCHER ticket option for complimentary entry and enter the number of people visiting in the qty box (up to 2 per voucher), you will also be able to pay for any additional guests. Please show your voucher on arrival along with your e-ticket. Please note that each voucher permits up to 2 people to the Gardens only. If you are unable to present a valid voucher then you will be charged full garden admission.
- Please note that your tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged or refunded.
- This is an outdoors display and will open regardless of the weather (with the exception of extreme weather in which case you will be contacted).
- Your ticket is valid between 10am-4pm, last entry 3pm. You are welcome to visit anytime during these times on your selected day.
- The ‘rule of six’ and social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- If you have selected a ‘ST BARNABAS VOUCHER’ ticket type, please show your voucher on arrival along with your e-ticket. Please note that each voucher permits up to 2 people to the Gardens only. If you are unable to present a valid voucher then you will be charged full garden admission.
- If you have selected a Historic Houses, RHS, Doddington Season Ticket or Voucher ticket type, please show a valid card/voucher on arrival along with your e-ticket. If you are unable to present a valid card/voucher then you will be charged the full admission price.
- Picnics are not permitted in the Gardens (picnic area is available in the parkland by the lake).
- No dogs permitted in the Gardens (assistance dogs only).
- Photography is welcome.
- Staff and visitor safety is our priority so please follow the one-way route and the safety measures that we have put in place to help aid social distancing.
- Toilets are open in the Gardens.
- Enjoy your visit!