It’s finally apple season at Doddington. Delight your home with the cosy smells and spices of our Bramley Apple & Raisin Cobbler. An ideal treat for these autumn days and a great way to use up fresh produce in a delicious seasonal pudding.
You can find Bramley apples with zero food miles in our Doddington Farm Shop, freshly picked from our fabulous Kitchen Garden to make your home baking all that much sweeter.
Ingredients in this recipe are available now at our Doddington Farm Shop
|1kg||Bramley apples (peeled, cored and cut into chunks)|
|1||Lemon (zested and juiced)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC.
2. Melt 25g of butter in a large saucepan and add the apples, raisins, sugar, lemon zest and juice. Simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes until the fruit just begins to soften. Spoon the mix into an ovenproof dish (20x25cm or similar) and set aside.
3. In a large bowl sift the flour with the baking powder. Add the sugar, spice and rest of the butter(melted), then gradually add the milk and stir until smooth.
4. Spoon 6-8 large spoonfuls on top of the apples and bake for 25-30 minutes until the cobbler crust is golden brown.
5. Optionally, dust with cinnamon for extra spice and then serve.
We recommend you serve your cobbler fresh from the oven, with Jersey cream or Vanilla custard.
“Growing up at Doddington, eating seasonal produce from the Kitchen Garden and farm was the only thing I knew. I learnt to cook using what was on hand here as the seasons passed and my love of cooking and good food stems from this. I strongly believe that the fresh, good quality ingredients are the foundation of delicious food.”