Here at Doddington we are determined to be as environmentally friendly as possible, considering our impact on tomorrow as well as today.
- Our Farm Shop, Café, Restaurant, Coach House, India Jane interiors store, several residential properties on the estate and the estate office are all heated by a bio-mass boiler fuelled with wood chip, a bi-product from the estate.
- We harness solar power with a series of panels on a number of properties around the estate.
- Rain water is collected for use in the gardens and our low-flush loos.
- Natural ventilation and low energy appliances are used wherever we can.
- We are committed to sourcing food and products with a low carbon footprint.
- We seek out Fair trade and artisan-produced products to sell.
- Packaging and waste are minimised where-ever possible.
- We are signed up to Natural England’s Higher Level Stewardship Scheme on our Farm. This binds us to a wide range of projects and policies designed to increase the biodiversity on the estate whilst at the same time improving the sustainability of our ventures. Our beautiful Lincoln Red Cattle form part of our commitment to this scheme and we have the added benefit that they provide exceptional grass-fed beef for our Restaurant.